Friday 19 August 2016

let's bring some noise... pt. 4

okay, this time not your requests but some stuff I listened to those couple of last months.. I'm not some music critic or I don't know what, so I don't feel like it to write review for some random stuff which I don't listen usually.. and of course this is my blog so I want here stuff that I like.. some of these are newer releases and more actual and some are maybe already forgotten but I discovered them lately so here they are..
let's go!..


RASH - ...Gorelandia [2002] (tape) 
Rash is crust punk band from Mexico but not classic crust punk, they are sometimes melodic, sometimes slow but on the most of the parts punkish riffs and drums hits you like fast train while vocals (one shouted and the other screamed) are more into crust/hc style.. just imagine a clone from Sin Dios and some more modern filthy crust like Antimaster for example but all packed in that 90's/00's atmosphere..
anyhow, great combination and I like it a lot, they are constantly on my playlist for last few months and didn't get boring at all.. don't know anything about the band, can't find any info about them on the net, except that this is their tape from 2002.. 15 songs which are pretty catchy and I'm sure they will crawl under your skin very fast if anything else then because that they are shouted on Spanish which sound so good when it's about this kind of noise.. the download folder includes scans of cover with some info about the band and some lyrics.. considering my "fluent" understanding of Spanish I would say that the lyrics are socially engaged and talk about the life of the individuals, about some life choices, elitism on the scene, etc... link is from great Terminal Escape blog so go say thanks for this gem there..



DISBAJA - Realm of Absurd [2015] (CD)
to me, Disbaja is one of the best bands currently from this area, I was so positively surprised when 1st time heard about them because there aren't many bands like this one here lately.. after their rehearsal demo they went to already well known studio Depth and recorded this EP in December of 2015, put the material on bandcamp, which is later published on CD this current year..
in short furious, fast and raw d-beat punk with shouted vocals inspired by Varukers, Discharge and the likes and with just enough "balkan touch" to make it more interesting and original.. songs like Fog of Lies, Saboteri (Mladosti) and In Circle of Deaf are instant hits and the others are not far behind.. lyrics are short, on english except Saboteri (Mladosti) which is on croatian and they deal with, I can say, standard for the genre topics.. 
if you'll like this don't miss the chance to see them live somewhere 'cause this is whole new, even better experience with so much of energy.. in the meantime they get new vocalist and now they sound even mightier and better in my modest opinion.. 



PAKT - Aural Noise Annihilation [2014] (tape)
Pakt is one more band which absolutely delighted me when I 1st time heard of them a year ago or something like that.. I've always listened those, mostly american raw hc and noise punk bands like Atrocious Madness, Lebenden Toten, Cervix, etc. and I knew that here aren't so many people who actually like this kind of music so I didn't even expected that here we will have some even similar band but then in neighboring Slovenia this monster was born..
Aural Noise Annihilation is their debut recordings which still wait for physical release on tape, if I'm not wrong.. 8 fast and short tracks of great raw hardcore in d-beat style, in not so extreme way like above mentioned bands but there can be some parallels drawn like if in nothing else then definitely in m/f vocals where female one is distorted/echoed similar as in this noise punk way.. they sing in 3 different languages (slovenian, english and spanish) and lyrics are about self-destruction, capitalism, not so promising future etc...
in short, really great material, to me they are at top 3 bands lately and I can't stop repeating this on their bandcamp page.. also I strongly recommended to find footage of few their live shows on youtube, they sound great..



BOMBARDEMENT - Demo [2016] (tape)
Bombardement is new d-beat crust act from France but with already experienced members who was/are in bands like Gasmask Terror, Warning//Warning, etc. and this is their demo tape released in May 2016.. we talk here about classic d-beat crust band, not those noisy one but more like early Discharge influenced with simple guitar riffs but twisted, short solos in every song, d-beat drumming, some melodic parts here and there in traces, great female vocals, pretty fast and pissed off just as it should be.. demo consists of 8 songs including Meanwhile cover..
this is actually pretty good, no wonder I repeatedly listen to this for months already.. go get it here:





KUSTA PÄSSÄÄ - Demo [1998] (tape)
this one is something older but it's really great.. I didn't ever heard about those Brazilians before, also don't have any info about their other records, possibly this is the only one, released back then in 1998..
music is crust/grind with maybe some powerviolence parts here and there, with multiple vocals (3, if my ears still serve me well).. if I didn't read before listening that they are from Brazil I wold say they are some east european band from 90's where this kind of noise was quite popular in that time.. there are 8 songs including "Suffer" Napalm Death's cover and "Bullshit Tradition" by Dropdead in all together 8-9 minutes so maybe you can get some picture.. I would point out songs Valor and Gasolina which are real gems and catchy as fck..
yes, it's short but powerful, angry and furious so it will force you to repeat this over and over again 'till you collapse of  exhaustion.. fond this few weeks ago on great Terminal Escape and I can't describe how things like those when I found out for some obscure band which is so damn good makes me happy.. give it a try here:




LOŠ PRIMJER - Slikovnica [2015] (online)
okay, I have a confession to make... if you're at least little known to this blog you already know my music taste but here is one band which I listen and follow their work from very beginnings of my hc punk career and they don't really fit in all those hc crust story but they are always somewhere close to me among all this noise.. Loš Primjer are melodic punk band with some thrash or heavy metal influences, I know it's pretty unusual combination but seek for yourself if you don't believe me.. they exist since far away 1997 and this is their third studio album released in December 2015..
the whole album is made like some story (Slikovnica means color book) so everything starts with Buđenje (Awekening o.e) as the intro which starts in very low volume and slowly becomes louder and louder towards the end.. and last song is called Nedovršena Priča (Unfinished Story) which ends just like unfinished and that's the thing that gives some special feel to complete album.. there are 9 songs in total with lyrics on croatian except one which is on english and that's already kind of tradition, they have one song on english on every album, and those lyrics are, beside pretty much original sound, the best part of this band.. I can't explain this, like sometimes they seems a little bit naive (you know what kind of lyrics were band having before all this nuclear war/apocalypse shit) or something but actually are brilliant, sincere and such good reflection of society we live in..
songs like Čudna Ljubav, Malo je Sunca and Čekam Dan you already can get to know well from their recent live shows even before this was released and others like Fatamorgana Ekrana, Nišan and Očima Djeteta just wait to become hits.. Loš Primjer isn't band which will record 5 albums in two years but they have story and style from which they didn't move much all those past years and that's the fact I like and respect the most..
for now, there isn't physical release of this, yet but some rumors about some vinyls like LP exists so there are nothing to do then wait for it and until then go listen it here:




VOID FORGER / VVVLV - split EP [2016] (7'')
link for this split I get a while ago (it's released in April) in e-mail and even if I'm not really fan of this kind of music this is actually pretty good, especially for cold rainy days and I must admit this one makes me company many times during last few months.. both bands are from Romania and has similar but still different style and both are represented with one song in duration of about 6 min..
on Void Forger side is song named Excess Collapse and it starts with dark and slow sludge grinding, then becomes something faster more in some stenchcore/death metal tempo and then again all falls into doom/sludge full of despair..
on the other side, VVVLV with song Homo Economicus and they are also super dark and slugy, but in overall they sounds to me somehow more crust and the end of the song is better when they pretty speeds up things and inserts some black metal parts..
in short - greasy, dark and full of despair sludge stenchcore by both bands, perfect if you're in the mood for such noise.. don't know if physical release exists yet but there are bandcamp link and it easily can be find on youtube..


                                                        

No comments: